Skip to content
- Order from WVHEA. You can download a test order form, and mail it to your local testing coordinator.
- WV Code §18-8-1(c)(2)(C). WVHEA Testing Service is fully compliant with WV Code §18-8-1(c)(2)(C), providing for annual assessment using a nationally normed standardized achievement test.
- The Test. WVHEA uses the TerraNova®, Third Edition, with special permission from its publisher and the WV Dept of Education. The TerraNova®, Third Edition was published in 2008, normed in 2011, and provides scores in the subject areas required by WV law.
- WVHEA Membership. Membership is not required, but the annual fee is small and members get a $10-per-test discount, plus newsletters and special mailings. Membership is open to all WV homeschoolers regardless of their reasons for homeschooling.
- Fees cover costs of testing materials, scoring, and operating expenses, and are not intended for profit-making. The basic per-test fee is $40, and you can reduce the cost to as little as $25 with discounts (early payment, membership). Late orders, private testing, and hand-scoring incur additional fees. Our fees do not include local costs for site rental or private testers.
- Group testing. Group testing through area testing coordinators around the state provides an opportunity for families to help each other with testing and keeps costs low. If you test with a private group, please send your order to your group’s coordinator.
- Private testing. If your child is tested privately, you must pay the $10 private testing fee to cover costs, even when ordering through an area coordinator. If your coordinator does not handle private tests, send your order directly to the state coordinator. When testing privately, it is your responsibility to locate a tester who meets WVHEA requirements.
- Late testing. If you do not plan to complete testing by the annual deadline, DO NOT send your order until after May 1. Submit late orders to the state coordinator, not the area coordinator.