The West Virginia Home Educators Association is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes. These purposes are:
1. To promote the development of high quality home education.
2. To aid in the creation of local support groups for home educators throughout the state.
3. To review and disseminate information considered vital to home educators.
4. To plan and conduct educational programs and exchanges for parents and others involved in home education.
5. To engage in non-partisan research and analysis of issues affecting home education.
6. To educate the general public on homeschooling issues and accomplishments.
7. To monitor the government with respect to home education issues.
8. To serve as a resource for persons desiring to home educate.